Saturday, August 16, 2014

Meet Our Bride: Kate

I had a great experience at Madeleine's Daughter. A friend from college recommended I try the shop. I was living in Boston at the time and it was my first wedding dress shopping trip. I scheduled it while my family was visiting so that my mother, sister, and two sister-in-laws could share the experience with me. When we arrived we met McKenzie, who was very upbeat, stylish and fun. I had a good feeling right after meeting her. I had a pretty good idea of what I wanted, but went through 10 or 11 dresses without finding the one. McKenzie took me in the back and I saw it. I knew I would love it, just from seeing it through the plastic cover. Once I had it on, I started tearing up. I knew it was the one and my family loved it as well. It was so beautiful and looked vintage with the champagne satin underneath. I really liked that it was not white on white. We bought the Marisa gown and eventually had it shipped to San Francisco. Dave and I got married on September 28th, at Willowdale Estate in Topsfield, MA, and everything went perfectly. The dress fit beautifully, and many guests asked about it. I wish I could wear it everyday! I hope that one day a member of our family will wear it, maybe my daughter (if I have one), or one of my beautiful nieces. It really is timeless and I couldn't be happier with my selection.




 
All photos courtesy of Emily Delamater Photography
 
What's YOUR dress-finding story? Did you travel a long way to get to Madeleine's Daughter or were we right in your hometown? What was it like finding "the one?" Email us today and tell us your story- we'd love to feature you here on the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...