Saturday, February 22, 2014

Meet Our Bride: Renee

Madeleine's was wonderful. I was nervous to go but everyone was pleasant and welcoming from the first phone call to set up my appointment. It was my third and final bridal shop. I really wasn't interested in continuing to shop around- I had a dress in mind at the other shop that was nice and would work if all else failed. I had some specific interests but prior to wedding gown shopping had never tried on any kind of formal gown before so wasn't sure what to expect. McKenzie was my consultant and she was great! She listened to what I liked, but more importantly to what I didn't want and to my budget. I really didn't want a strapless gown and after leaving the other two bridal shops I was confused as to whether that would be what I ended up with. She was able to find me a gown that met all of my interests- it was unique, it had lace and was a little vintage but not too vintage, it was an illusion neckline so didn't look strapless but still had a corset back to keep it nice and tight, and it was in budget! She was even considerate to the dress sizing so that it would be able to be fitted to the look I was going for without taking too much fabric away. She was just awesome!

Renee helped me pick out my accessories- they were understated and didn't take away from the dress. People (especially the girls from the salon) were in love with my beautiful headpiece, and the birdcage veil tied into my play off of vintage/rustic wedding theme nicely. I don't wear a ton of accessories so she spent some time with me to make sure I felt comfortable and was wearing the accessories, not letting the accessories wear me.
 
I had such an amazing wedding day! I looked far more stunning than I could have imagined and I felt like a unique bride! I had a lot of people tell me they loved my "vintage" look and that it wasn't commonly seen in recent weddings. Despite misplacing my birdcage veil (so sad, but I have some awesome pictures to capture the memories) I could not have been happier with my magical day. My dress and accessories were perfect! I never fidgeted with my dress once- it was snug and secure even after an afternoon of "first look photos", the ceremony, and of course dancing the night away!










 
All photos courtesy of Garone Photography
 
Are YOU a Madeleine's Daughter bride who would like to share her story here on our blog? Email us today with your photos and testimonial!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...