Saturday, April 21, 2012

Meet Our Bride: Sarah

While we pride ourselves on the experience our brides have when shopping for the gown, that's not all that is involved in purchasing a wedding gown. Alterations are a HUGE part of the process, and many brides have concerns about how the fitting process will work. Such was the case with our bride Sarah, but in the end the dress fit beautifully:


I'll let Sarah tell the story: "My experience with Madeleine's Daughter was absolutely wonderful.  I first went to Madeline's Daughter after visiting four bridal boutiques in Massachusetts.  I was very impressed by the atmosphere, customer service and professionalism.  My consultant immediately put me at ease with her upbeat and engaging personality.  Upon my second visit to Madeleine's Daughter, I found my perfect dress.  Both my grandmother and good friend who accompanied me to Madeleine's Daughter remarked how much better the experience was at MD than at Priscilla's of Boston which we had visited the week before.  As happy as I was with the dress buying experience, it paled in comparison to the exceptional service I received from Madeleine Daughter's alterations department.  I have a large chest and was very concerned with the dress fitting me correctly.  I met with my seamstress five times to alter and refine the line of my dress, the chest area and the bustle.  On the day of my wedding, my dress fit me perfectly and I have Madeleine's Daughter to thank.  I give Madeleine's Daughter my highest recommendation."

No matter what the concern in regards to altering your dress, you can rest assured that our seamstresses are the finest in the business, with decades of experience in the bridal industry. Altering a wedding gown is unlike altering any other garment and our seamstresses take enormous pride in the work they do. Take a minute to visit our alterations page on our website- there's a great video that details the alterations process if you're curious.

Was there something about altering your dress that made it more involved or more stressful? What was the outcome? Email us today to tell us all about it- we always want to hear feedback from our brides (positive OR negative)!

1 comment:

  1. Very informative post! We don't think often enough about the alteration process that many wedding dresses have to go through. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...