Thursday, April 12, 2012

Juhree's Journal

Our Store Manager, Juhree has been working at Madeleine's Daughter for over a decade and her experience shows. Her job is extremely varied and there are a lot of responsibilities that fall on her shoulders. In thinking about all that she does here, I found myself feeling a little curious about her, specifically about what part of her job she is most passionate about. Is it the fashion aspect? Shopping in New York for beautiful bridal gowns? Or is it the customer service aspect? Working with brides to help them feel amazing on their special day seems like a big part of her job. These two aspects seemed pretty obvious to me, but then Juhree surprised me with her answer:

"I'm most passionate about our staff. At Madeleine's we have an incredibly professional, seasoned staff that are amazing at what they do. I'm most passionate about making sure that we always have the best staff out there who are not only great when working with brides, but who are also extremely knowledgable about the dresses, the designers- everything.

At Madeleine's, training doesn't happen only at the beginning when you first start working here- it's on-going. I'm constantly working with the consultants here to make sure they are always up-to-date with all the designers we carry. Once a week I have a meeting with all the consultants and we discuss anything and everything that will make them an even better team.

I've found that if I focus a lot of energy on making sure the staff is so well-informed that they are true experts in this field, then all of our brides will have an amazing experience finding a dress. The bridal industry is constantly changing- there is always something new coming out. We are constantly getting new dresses, carrying new designers, etc. It's a lot to stay on top of, but that is why I am constantly updating our bridal constulants. I want our brides to be able to count on them to have all the information they need. With all the planning that goes into a wedding, finding your dress should be fun- not stressful.

I truly believe that we have the best staff in the industry. Our bridal consultants are passionate about helping you find your dress. They know the dresses inside and out. They know the designers inside and out. They are absolutely amazing and they make me feel incredibly proud to be their manager."

Do you have a question for Jurhee? Leave a comment below and she'll be happy to answer it. You can ask her about anything to do with the shop, or her job, or wedding dresses in general. We look forward to hearing from you!

1 comment:

  1. I've heard you have the most amazing pressers in the world!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...