Saturday, February 11, 2012

Meet Our Bride: Molly

There are lots of brides who have the "a-ha" moment when shopping for a wedding gown- there is a moment when they put on "the dress" and instantly know that it's the one. Other times, it takes an accessory or two and then the "a-ha" moment comes. This was the case with our bride Molly, who had her moment once the belt was added to her dress:


I'll let her tell it: “When shopping for my wedding dress, I had some very specific ideas in mind:  mermaid fit, some sparkle, and lots of rouching.  I had shopped all over Massachusetts, tried on over 50 dresses, with no luck.  My mother-in-law suggested Madeleine’s Daughter, so my Mom and I took a trip there to check out the selection.  We talked with our consultant about what kind of dress I wanted and what we wanted to spend.  She only brought out dresses within our budget, and had a keen eye for exactly what I liked.  She had the creative idea of mixing a Lazaro sash with an Allure gown – and it was perfect!  My mom and I both loved it instantly, and I loved wearing my dress on my wedding day.  It was just what I had imagined!  Thanks so much!”

It seems this dress was everything she imagined, except for one thing. It had the mermaid fit and the rouching, but no sparkle. But with the simple addition of a belt (from another designer, no less!), this dress was transformed into the dress of her dreams! We love seeing how a simple accessory can really change the look of a dress. In Molly's case, it looks as if the belt belongs with the dress.

Doesn't she look beautiful? We're so happy to have been a part of your day, Molly! Thank you for sharing your photos and your story. We love nothing more than hearing from our brides. If you are a Madeleine's bride and you want to send your photo and story, please email us today! You never know when you might see yourself on our blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...