Thursday, January 12, 2012

Juhree's Journal

Our store manager, Juhree Ross, is one of the best in the industry, so we thought it would be fun (and informative) to have her write a blog post every now and then. Her nearly 13 years at Madeleine's Daughter have definitely made her one of the most experienced staff members here and her leadership in our shop is invaluable.

For her first "Juhree's Journal" post, we'd like to let you get to know her a little bit. As this series continues throughout the year, we'd like to encourage you to ask her any question you can think of that might help you in your experience finding your dream wedding gown. All you have to do is leave a comment below or send us an email.


To help you get to know Juhree a little better, we took a few minutes to have her answer some general questions about herself and her experience working at Madeleine's Daughter.

How long have you been working at Madeleine's Daughter? I've been here for over 12 years. I started as a bridal consultant and over the years was promoted to Manager and then to Store Manager.

Who is your favorite designer/dress? Like many of our consultants here, I'm obsessed with Jenny Packham. Her designs are truly unique- there isn't a single other designer doing what Jenny Packham is doing. I'm really proud to be the only store in New England that carries her bridal line.

You used to work as a bridal consultant before being promoted to Store Manager. What was your approach in helping a bride find her dream dress? I always tried to get to know my brides so I could figure out what kind of bride they wanted to be. Then I'd find them a dress that not only fits their personality, but that looks amazing on them.

What is your most memorable experience at Madeleine's Daughter? When I first started, I was working with a bride who I just "clicked" with... but she tried on tons of dresses and wasn't having any luck. She had come in with a specific idea and she liked the dresses, but nothing stood out to her. We had such similar personalities and had been chatting the whole time, and at the end she asked me just to show her my favorite dress. I was almost embarrassed to show her because it was so different than her taste, but I did... and she loved it! It was "the one" for her and it made me so happy to have truly had an influence on how she could feel on her wedding day.

What is your favorite type of bridal accessory? Veils

What advice do you have for a bride coming to Madeleine's Daughter to find her dress? Trust your gut... choosing yoru dress isn't a decision, it's a feeling. If you want to be impulsive about it, then that's a sign that it's "the one!"

What is your favorite thing about working in the bridal industry? The amazing people I work with- brides AND co-workers!

Have you had the opportunity to meet Juhree? Maybe she helped you find your dress? Leave a comment below and tell us all about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...