Are you planning to follow the tradition of wearing something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue? We hear from our brides that the hardest thing can be incorporating something blue. The others are easy- after all, your dress is new and there's almost always a mother or grandmother who can lend you a veil or a headpiece or a piece of jewelry to be your something borrowed AND your something old. On the other side, though, something blue can be tricky. If it's not a color that fits into your bridal color scheme, it can be even more tricky. Fortunately, we have quite a few blue somethings in our store for you to choose from:
Pictured: pashmina, Hanky Panky's, earrings, bracelet, sash, custom monogram
Aside from the bouquet, all the items pictured above are available in our store and any one of them would be a perfect "something blue" to complete your bridal look:
- A blue pashmina will keep you warm on your wedding day
- Blue Hanky Panky's are SO comfortable, but they're also really pretty. The ones in our store even have a touch of sparkle to them with "bride" spelled out in delicate rhinestones.
- Sparkly blue earrings or a bold blue bracelet can add a touch of color to your look. Consider changing to a bolder pair of earrings for the reception if you're not comfortable wearing a statement piece for your walk down the aisle.
- Sashes are a great accessory for your bridal look because they can help define your silhouette. They can also help tie your look to your bridesmaids if your sash matches their dresses. Or, in this case, they can be your "something blue."
- If you have your alterations done here in our store, we'll be sure to make a custom monogram in blue to be sewn into the inside of your gown, however, even if you aren't having your alterations here, we can make one for you for a small fee.
Of course, these are only a few ideas- maybe you've got an idea or two for your "something blue." Leave a comment below if you've got one, or if you'd like to, you can tell us about what your "something blue" from your wedding day. We've even seen brides with blue shoes just like Carrie Bradshaw wore. You can also email us with photos from your big day- you know how much we love that!